15 Facebook Stats for the Construction Industry
It’s clear why Facebook is making it’s much touted algorithm changes and killing organic reach for advertisers. There are now about 1.5 billion users and 30 million brands on the platform. With so many people and brands interacting, Facebook has to prioritize News Feeds with the posts and information users want to see.
With increased competition for exposure and changes to the algorithm, businesses have to be more creative in how they use Facebook to reach customers.
Organic engagement on Facebook is dead, but that doesn’t mean the site can’t be a marketing gold mine for your construction business. It’s still one of the best ways to connect and engage qualified buyers in the construction industry.
15 Facebook Facts and Statistics
- 42.5% of executives, managers, and supervisors in heavy construction visit Facebook.
- 89.1% of those same executives have a personal Facebook account, with another 35.2% having a company Facebook account.
- 69.8% of those same executives, managers, and supervisors in the heavy construction industry visit Facebook on a daily basis.
- 77.3% of those same executives follow 1 or more industry-related sources on Facebook.
- 40.7% of those same executives follow manufacturer brand pages.
- The average Facebook user spends 40 minutes a day on the platform.
- The worst time to reach contractors on Facebook is early and late afternoon.
- 75% of brands promote their Facebook Stats
- 94% more videos are posted to Facebook in 2015 compared to last year.
- 50% of Americans who use Facebook see at least one video daily.
- In Q4 2014, more videos were uploaded directly to Facebook than YouTube.
- The percentage of Facebook advertising budgets dedicated to mobile is 57%.
- 1 billion searches are queried per day on Facebook.
- 80% of the top apps on iOS and Android use Facebook login.
- 92% of social media marketers use Facebook advertising.
While Facebook organic reach may be a thing of the past, marketers shouldn’t rule it out. However, your approach to Facebook has to change. A social savvy marketer will realize that a winning social strategy will incorporate both organic and paid advertising solutions.