Furthermore, we collect personal and other information about users over time and across different websites and devices. We collect personal and other information about users when you use the Website. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. We or our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect this information as more fully described below.
By visiting the Website, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Website through the technologies described herein, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may also use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you. Furthermore, by visiting the Website you consent to the data collection, use, disclosure, storage, sharing and other practices described in this Policy when you use the Website, including when you access any content or videos.
We describe some of these technologies below.
- Syncing Cookies and Identifiers.We may work with our Partners (for instance, third-party ad platforms) to synchronize unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with cookies) in order to match our Partners’ uniquely coded user identifiers to our own. We may do this, for instance, to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device, and thus enable us or others to send ads that are more relevant, match users to their likely product interests, or better synchronize, cap, or optimize advertising.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the Section titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on the Website, or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing the Website or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing the Website, or to record the popularity of certain website content and to verify system and server integrity. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
- Mobile Device Identifiers. In connection with any mobile app that we offer as part of the Website, we may collect Information such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), and information connected to how mobile devices interact with the Website and those using the Website and our services. We may use this technology to deliver or help our Partners deliver certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. If you’d like to opt-out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please follow the instructions in the Section titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Our unaffiliated Partners and other third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when you visit the Website and they may have access to information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites or applications when you use the Website. Their use of such tracking technologies is not in our control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
- In addition to the above, we also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. For information about how you may be able to opt out of receiving targeted advertising, see the Section titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Cookies. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject certain browser cookies. Flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website Your device may not give you the ability to control cookies. If you wish to block cookies on our device applications, you will need to delete the application from your mobile device. If you configure your computer to block cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit the Website. If you configure to block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads. We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on the Websites or device applications. This may also include ads served on other companies’ websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, information a third party collects when you register for a website, like your zip code. This might be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our websites or on third party websites.
To learn more about interest-based ads and to opt out of certain types of interest-based advertising and certain other uses of information collected over time and across different online services and devices you can go to optout.aboutads.info. To opt out of certain interest-based advertising associated with your use of device applications, you may be able to adjust your device settings, such as via the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting for iOS devices or the Android “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting for Android devices. Please see the support materials for your operating systems or devices for more information.
Some of the social media platforms we work with may serve you with interest-based advertising on their platforms. In addition to or instead of the opt-out mechanism linked above, you may be able to opt out of their interest-based advertising by changing your advertising preferences in the platforms after you log in.
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We currently do not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted. To find out more about “Do Not Track” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website at https://www.networkadvertising.org. In addition, you may be able to learn more about these third-party companies, cookies and how to “opt-out” of this type of advertising by going to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Furthermore, you may opt out of receiving personalized and interest-based advertising by clicking here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Should you have a disability that prevents or limits your ability to access this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800.633.5953. We will work with you to provide this notice in an alternative format.
To opt out of behavioral ads click HERE Do Not Sell My Personal Information
California Residents – Exercise Your Rights