The 2019 edition of The Great American Trucking Show (GATS) is inching ever closer. This year’s event will be held Thursday, August 22nd through Saturday, August 24th at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas.
GATS presents a unique opportunity for trucking professionals of all kinds to come together and experience all things trucking. This year’s event boasts a variety of attractions, exhibits, and educational sessions designed to cater to all facets of the trucking industry.
Overdrive’s Pride and Polish Competition
If you love beautiful big rigs then the Pride and Polish competition is right up your alley. Trucker’s from all over will shine up their rigs and show off their unique customizations as a part of North America’s top truck beauty competition.
Overdrive – Red Eye Radio Trucker Talent Search
The Overdrive – Red Eye Radio Trucker Talent Search’s three finalists will perform and compete LIVE at GATS to determine who will take home this year’s crown. Come watch finalists Jason Henley, Ken Freeman, and Taylor Barker compete to win the first place prize – a full professional recording session. This year’s talent search will be emceed by recording artist and professional driver, Tony Justice.
Overdrive – Red Eye Radio Trucker Talent Search Finalists
Red Eye Radio Booth
Red Eye Radio has served the trucking industry for half a century and counting. A source of news, information, and entertainment for drivers and fleet owners alike, Red Eye Radio will be setting up shop with their own booth at GATS.
Trucking’s Top Rookie
Truckers’ News will be presenting the 2019 Mike O’Connell Trucking’s Top Rookie Award Friday, August 23rd. The first place winner will take home $10,000 and a prize package. Ten other finalists will all receive $1,000 and prizes. The eleven announced finalists are:
- Aaron Pratt, Maverick Transportation, Maverick Transportation
- Bradley Chislett, National Tractor Trailer School, H.O. Wolding
- Daniel Walton, Roehl Transport, Roehl Transport
- Dwight Arnold, Tennessee Truck Driving School, Stevens Transport
- Jaron Grier, New England Tractor Trailer Training School, U.S.Xpress
- Kandy Qualls, United Truck Driving School, Earl L. Henderson Trucking Co.
- Matthew Hepburn, Miller-Motte College, Melton Truck Lines
- Oday Alhousha, CDL Xpress School, Hogan Transport
- Pamela Girton (Coffman) Tulsa Technology Center, Groendyke Transport
- Thoma Biltch, Roadmaster Drivers School, Werner Enterprises, Inc.
- Tyria Snow, Diesel Driving Academy, TMC Transportation
Come out to the Truckers’ News Stage in Hall A at 2:00pm August 23rd to see who claims the coveted title of Trucking’s Top Rookie.
In addition to the events and activities highlighted this year’s GATS will also feature multiple educational sessions covering a wide range of topics, free health screenings at the Landstar Health and Wellness Pavilion, over 500 exhibitors, more than 150 trucks on display, and over 50,000 products. There’s still time to register to attend this year’s Great American Trucking Show; and if you pre-register the event is free to attend. If you register on site there will be a cost of $10. Either way we hope to see you there!