It’s that time of year again, and we’re excited to announce the finalists in the 2015 Mike O’Connell Memorial Trucking’s Top Rookie contest.
There were many entries into this year’s competition, and it was an incredibly tough decision. With the help of an expert panel of judges, including representatives from both public and private training schools, suppliers, and trade associations, a new class of rookie drivers have been chosen as the top 10 finalists.
The finalists are:
- Chantelle Bomberry of Contrans Flatbed Group
- Jeremy Degarmo of TMC Transportation
- John Deering of Werner Enterprises
- Paul Golden of H.O. Wolding, Inc.
- Diego Guerrero of Stevens Transport
- David Ham of Con-way Truckload
- William Schmidt of Dartco
- Tito McRae of Maverick Transportation
- Mackenzie Parks of Melton Truck Lines
- Frederick Weatherspoon of Dartco, Inc.
But the competition isn’t over yet. On Friday, August 28th, at the 2015 Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, Texas, we’ll announce the 2015 Trucking’s Top Rookie.
The winner will be awarded a number of prizes, including:
- An interview with Eric Harley of the Red Eye Radio Network
- A $10,000 check
- A custom plaque from Award Company of America
- A RoadPro Getting Started Living On-The- Go Package
- $1,000 in cash and 100,000 MyRewards points from Pilot Flying J
- A GPS unit and Motor Carrier Road Atlas from Rand McNally
- A dash camera from Cobra Electronics
- An American Trucking Associations “Trucking Moves America Forward” gift pack
Don’t worry. None of our finalists will leave The Great American Trucking Show empty handed. The remaining nine finalists will each be awarded $1,000 in cash in addition to a variety of other prizes.
Launched in 2011, the program was designed to increase pride and professionalism among new drivers and to promote truck driving as a career choice during a severe driver shortage.
The Mike O’Connell Memorial Trucking’s Top Rookie contest is a partnership between Randall-Reilly, Truckload Carriers Association, Commercial Vehicle Training Association, Rand McNally, Shell ROTELLA, Pilot Flying J, Progressive Commercial Insurance, National Association of Publicly Funded Driving Schools, American Trucking Associations and the Red Eye Radio Network.
<!--[if lte IE 8]>